July 15, 2009

Epi | Environmental Innovation


Nothing is more fun than creating a whole new product along with its branding. Of course, it was quite a challenge but really made me think and be creative -- took me to a new level. With this one, it's not just creating an imaginary ordinary product, but it is more like a "mag
ical" product that may not even be possible to invent with today's technology. I underwent a couple of ideas to choose from but I narrowed down to something that would make the sun more useful since it is a natural source, environmental, and is always present during the day everywhere we go -- also with the fact that I love the sun.

The product is a cream that contains sunscreen as a protection for your skin and micro solar panels that help charge any of your electronic devices upon contact even if your skin is blocked by clothing or if the device is in your pocket, the cream will still be able to draw energy from the sun. The idea of this cream is to eliminate harmful metals or batteries that destroy our environment.

The concept of the wordmark "epi" came from "epidermis," which is a scientific term for skin. As for the symbol, it is very abstract -- I see it as a human body using the cream drawing energy from the sun. The symbol also reads the letter "e". Because it is a cream, I wanted the logo to be organic, giving it a clean, cosmetic, sophisticated and friendly appearance.



With the stationery system, I played with scientific elements in the design because I am combining technology and science. I thought the system could be informative and present in the design.



These are the promotional brochure that I would give out to inform the market about the newly launched product. Keeping the idea of solar panels and consistency of the system, in this brochure particularly I wanted it to communicate a direct message right when the viewer receives it, which is significant in the casing. On the inside there are 7 cards with images and message to remind the viewer that "all of us need the sun: our everyday lives, trees, plants, underwater life & animals, the world -- why not use it to our full potential?" On the flip-side of the cards are more informative: introduces the product, how it works, what the cream contains, and everything else about the product.



No comments:

Post a Comment